When using granite saw blades, if used improperly, it will affect the processing quality and service life.
There are five common failures of granite saw blades: granite saw blades cannot be cut, saw blades are overheated, diamond segments fall off, diamond segment cracks, and saw blade substrate cracks. So, what are the causes of these failures?
Granite saw blades cannot cut
1. The new data sheet is not sharpened
2. The main motor belt of mechanical equipment is loose
3. The rotation direction of the saw blade is incorrect
4. Did not check whether the instruction manual of the saw blade matches the cutting material
Saw blade overheated
1. The water supply system is faulty and the water supply is insufficient.
2. Too much mud, poor cooling effect, excessive wear of marble saw blades
Diamond segments fall off
1. The installation of the cutting material is not firm enough, causing the saw blade to be twisted or clamped during cutting
2. The machine rotates when cutting the granite saw blade
3. The flange of the saw blade is worn or deformed, and the clamping force of the saw blade decreases, causing the saw blade to shift during cutting
4. There is debris between the flange and the base of the saw blade, which causes the saw blade to vibrate during cutting
5. The saw blade is subjected to external impact or alternating stress, resulting in fatigue of the saw blade
6. Diamond segment welding is not strong
7. The temperature of the saw blade is too high during cutting, exceeding the melting point of the flux
Diamond Segment Cracking
1. The hardness of the metal separator in the granite segment is higher than the hardness of the material being cut, causing the saw blade to be hammered during cutting.
2. The peripheral speed of the saw blade is too high, and the saw blade is subject to excessive impact force.
3. There are cracks in the base of the saw blade
4. The hardness of the granite saw blade base is too high relative to the hardness of the material being cut.
5. Excessive force is used when cutting, causing the base of the saw blade to bend.
6. The mechanical installation of the saw blade is not standardized, causing the saw blade to swing.