The characteristic of diamond tile blades is that they are afraid of soft but not hard. Metal is a plastic material. Now it is a brittle material of granite and ceramic tiles, and its hardness is greater than that of metal. Therefore, diamond blades used to cut granite and ceramic tiles cannot cut metals.
The following Wanlong Diamond Tools will introduce the specific reasons for you.
1. The characteristic of diamond tile blades is that they are afraid of soft but not hard.
2. Metal is a plastic material. Now for granite and glass, metal is much softer
3. Granite and glass are brittle materials with greater hardness than metals
4. Diamond is a precious material. Although the diamond on this saw blade is man-made, it is also very expensive.
It is made by powder metallurgy, that is, diamond particles and metal powder are mixed and sintered, and then the edges are cut. The edge is polished with a grinding wheel on the metal covering the diamond, revealing a small half of the diamond. Particles, exposed diamond particles are the blades for cutting granite
5. When the diamond tile blade cuts granite, it actually grinds the granite into powder to cut the granite.
6. If a diamond saw blade is used to cut metal, the soft metal will stick to the diamond particles and cause the diamond saw blade to fail.
7. Metal can be cut with ordinary thin grinding wheels. Although this kind of grinding wheel can also grind metal into powder, the value of sand is not as good as diamond.
Moreover, the sand grains are bonded together by a special adhesive, that is, the whole is cut sand grains, the outer layer is polished off, and the subsequent sand can continue to be cut.
Diamond tile blades for granite and ceramic tiles that cannot cut metal are specially developed and produced according to the characteristics of granite and ceramic tiles. The saw blade for cutting metal materials is different from the diamond tile saw blade for cutting granite tiles.